Monday, February 28, 2011

HURT Juniors: STATES PREVIEW

Tomorrow is the opening event for the 2011 NYS Nordic High School Championships in Lake Placid. This years competition features some huge talent across the state. While it does appear that each section brings some serious fire power (for example... HURT's Adam Luban from Section III), odds-makers feel that the depth in section II and section V will once again decide the championship. It is no coincidence that it throws the youngest and brightest talent from RNR and HURT against each other in a true battle royale. The rivalries of the future may be born this week. Stay tuned for photos of STATES from Section II assistant coach and HURT team member D. Kvam.

The HRT newsroom (who was already stationed in Lake Placid for this past weekends Empire State Games) sent their youngest junior reporter Miss Ida Liku over to the Mt. VanHovenberg complex to interview the HURT HS boys and girls team as they arrive.

IL: omg omg omg omg it's like really you, Will Freilinghaus!!!! Do you, like, hate it or love it, when they, like, call you HAUS? Are you, like German? Germans ski fast. Will you, like totally win?


WF: Its gonna be fast and furious. I've been pretty "ON" since ripping up sectionals and my win at the Keski has me feeling pretty good. I look forward to battling it out with Kevin Hoose from HFL.

IL: THANKS! btw are you on fb? lol? :) nevermind.

IL: Oh hi! Austin Huneck! does your brother, like, force you to race a billion times a year? and are you, liked pumped for states!?! totally!

AH: I love prepping for big races and the way you do it is by going fast. Its a classic year and this really suits me. Be ready to watch that result board!

IL: Will Do!!!!!! will it have your picture on it?

IL: Hi BRIAN!!!! I love you!

BH: Ugh........ok

IL: OK BYEEEEEE!!!!!!!

IL: oh....Becky! Hi! I love your hair cut! does that make you go faster!?!

BC: No. I am fast because I have been working hard all season long, drilling technique, doing upper body work and dialing in my race pace. I am ready and its on! Chloe and I and gonna OWN this womens race!

IL: Ugh......ok.


(The HRT newsroom apologizes for the previous transcription of the interviews given by Ida. She is still searching for her journalistic voice/talent/use of the English language. None of these quotes should be taken as 100% accurate.)

THAT BEING SAID.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE H.U.R.T JUNIORS AT STATES!


Submitting Reporter: Ida Liku.

No comments:

Post a Comment