Thursday, March 31, 2011

Late Season report from the South

The HRT news team has been put to the test this season as they have scoured the globe for updates and news from HURT skiers who are drawn to compete at the far away nordic hot spots around the globe. They have traveled to the World Masters in Silverstar, BC., Minnesota, remote locations in Vermont, The HIgh Peaks, Western New York, New England, Tug Hill, Pennsylvania and now.....West Virginia?

Thats right.....West Virginia!

The newest nordic hotbed. HURT was on the scene....and so was Hat and the rest of the News Team.

HEY 'YALL The Nordic World has come on down to the Mason-Dixon Line fo' SHo'! HURTS own James South has spent his winter training and donning the HURT colors at the "Coon Farm Whiskey and Grandpappy's Apple Fritter 25K Nordic Hootenanny" *

We caught up with Jim after the race to ask him how it went.

HRT: Well Jim, how was the racing in West Va?

JS: We Hat, It was a big challenge coming down here. First they almost didn't let me race. I had to sweet talk my way in and pay the extra "Yankee Bastard" Head tax. Apparently they felt that I would just come down and exploit the snow for my own profit. Then I had to deal with the local vernacular. It took a little while to understand the "Won, To, Tree, Git-R-done" starting format that the races used.

HRT: Once the race got going how did it go?

JS: It was fine through the first 5K but when I took the first feed and was fed "Granma's slow cooked grits" out of a Dixie Cup it really took me by surprise. Needless to say, the locals had the advantage after that and my stomach never quite got back in the game. But overall, it was a sweet event and I encourage y'all to swing on down and give WVA a real try. Wait....did I just say y'all?..Can you catch Southern? huhdamn!

full results here

Well thats it for now....Congrats to Jim and all the other world travelers. The HRT newsroom looks forward to the Spring exploits! Keep us posted.




*not the actual name of event

No comments:

Post a Comment