Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1st Annual HURT Festival of Pain

A Note From HURT Team Director (Aaron):

Photobucket

"With Sufferfest only a little more than a month away, I need to make sure my team is preparing well. So I thought to myself, why don't we just get the suffering out of the way earlier in the weekend, so we are good and ready for Sunday November 8th? Therefore, team HURT will be doing some major training just before the annual Sufferfest. I feel this could reap huge benefits or totally blow up in my face, as long as I don't have to do it, I'm not too concerned."

HURT Festival of Pain


Day 1: Friday November 6,2009
Run till it hurts (or just gets dark). 10-13 miles of distance, followed by recovery beer and pizza. Location still TBD.
Photobucket

Day 2:
Saturday November 7, 2009
50K Overdistance rollerski,through the hills and mountains of Corinth, and Porters Corners outside of Saratoga. Bring your climbing chops!
Photobucket

Day 3: Sunday November 8, 2009
The Annual Sufferfest up Prospect Mountain in Lake George.
"If my team can still stand and actually shows up, I figure they can at least make it to the top with minimal whining."

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good start on a volume week for that little kid. I was wondering what you guy's are going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...we actually don't have a very young team so coming up with a suitable volume week for young kids really hasn't come into play for us. We are more senior-master age guys with only couple J's mixed in because of their parents. With school being in they are on teams and such anyways.

    I like reading what you guys have going on though...nice summer program. Hopefully there are some races where our paths cross. Enjoy the fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, ur on crack! You have to be!

    ReplyDelete