Tuesday, October 6, 2009

40K Rollerski Scouting Report

Today I went and scouted out the 40K Rollerski loop slated for Saturday November 7,2009.

The route is going to be tough! It took 1.5 hours on my road bike, so bet on at least 2.5 hours on roller skis. The first 13 miles are almost all up hill. I have ridden this loop many times, but today I tried to pay attention in regards to rollerskiing specific concerns.

For the most part the roads are good to very good condition. There are a few rough spots, but they are on flat or uphill sections. All the long downhills have plenty of run out to slow down. There are two short downhills with sharp turns at the bottom, they may need to be walked.

There is also a good refueling stop (small corner store) about 15 miles in. This route will definitely require some food and water.

I am really looking forward to it.

CJY

No comments:

Post a Comment