Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Comes early for HURT skiers

The World famous Christmas 5K in Osceloa, NY saw a huge turnout from HURT skiers and may have given the team a substantial edge in the quest for the NYSSRA club championship. While NYSEF had a solid turnout yet again and may have added to their early season lead, HURT stormed passed idle Peru and had 9 skiers earn massive points in the todays 5K event. The HURT team bus brought Chris Yarsevich, Tim and Austin Huneck, Dave Kvam and Justin Tetlow and they were joined at the race by Adam and Ed Luban, Doug Diehl and Matt Torniainen.

(HURT team bus....slightly modified)

Team Director Aaron was psyched to send his boys out on a near-perfect day to ski on the finest snow NY has to offer in the early weeks of the season. The climbers course was no match for the speed Aaron sent into action today. (Team director Aaron was conspicuously absent from todays race but TMZ earlier reported that he was seen driving a garbage truck West on 90 to reportedly "pick up all that trash" that the RNR boys had been talking.)



We caught up with Aaron just outside Macedon via cell phone and asked him about the days events.

Q: So Aaron...your thoughts on the day?

A: Well RNR brought some muscle today and Chad didn't disappoint....I was pleased with Kvam's 2nd place effort and speedy 12:20 but quite frankly....we haven't got our special-Russian-made-HURT-uniforms in the mail yet so I really didn't expect him to take him down in his first race. Other than that...Rochester doesn't scare me too bad...I mean....I beat the Donkey Kong game on like my fourth try...and that was with no cheat codes, power boosts or banana-wammas.....I mean seriously...that game is like so 2001....
Honestly I am really psyched.....Yarsevich ripped through the M1 category and was joined in very solid performances by Diehl, Tetlow, Torniainen and the Lubans. The race of the day had to be from my big brother who turned in a solid second place in the J2 race...and more importantly....beat my father....for the first time ever.....This is the one part of the day that concerns me. If my brother becomes the alpha male in household it could be a long winter for us all.

Q: How do you feel about the mysterious absence of all of Peru?

A: Its a huge early season advantage for us. But I have been around this block before and I know that their director is a crafty veteran with more than one trick up his scull-laden sleeve. Perhaps its just strategy....rest now...wup-ass later. Or perhaps its a move designed to lull us into a false sense of security....I dunno. All I know is we plan on keeping the pedal to the metal and gun for those speedsters from NYSEF.

Q: What are your training plans between now and Christmas?

A: top secret....but I will tell you this...I am personally taking all of Justin's christmas cookies....no more excuses!


(Osceola race recap)

Full race results found here: http://www.nyssranordic.com/currentresults.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for returning the NYSSRA Team Articles to whats it's really about. Nothing like seeing everyone out there enjoying themselves and skiing. A little comedy helps too. It would be sweet if we really had use the the huge green monster waxing truck pictured in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With continued success like yesterday, potential sponsors will undoubtedly be falling all over themselves to sign us up. I can definitely see that truck in our future.

    ReplyDelete